More Than Just Investing Advice
Municipalities across Massachusetts trust us as investment advisors for many reasons:
- We’re one of the few Massachusetts firms that specialize in the purchase and sale of fixed income securities.
- We are extremely familiar with the Massachusetts Legal List of Investments and adhere to it when making investment selections on your behalf.
- We know firsthand the impact our partnership can have on your city or town, and we take our role as investor advisors as seriously as you do your role as a treasurer.
- Our team brings more than 100 collective years of investment experience and more than 30 years of municipal experience to each and every relationship.
Our team members, Dory Huard, Vice President, RICP®, AIF®, and Chuck Patterson, Sr. Vice President/COO, AIF®, have personal experience in administration, having served in various positions, including municipal treasurer, MCTA president, municipal assessor, and municipal collector. They have a deep understanding of the inner workings of the treasurer’s office.
Consequently, we know and understand your role as a town official and the responsibility you have to the citizens of your municipality. Our conservative investment strategy is designed to create a relationship of trust with you and as we work to protect and manage your investments.
Our Philosophy: Preserve Principal. Maintain Liquidity. Maximize Yield.
There are reasons municipalities choose Bartholomew & Company to help them meet their investment goals, and none is more important than our guiding strategy to preserve principal, maintain liquidity, and maximize yield. To meet those goals, we:
- Provide active management of your portfolio, which we believe provides greater opportunity for preserving your principal and creating income and growth.
- Take advantage of anomalies in the market across categories, including individual security selection, interest rate prognostications, and yield curve analysis. The result: better opportunities for you to maximize yields.
- Offer periodic reviews of your portfolio to ensure compliance with our in-house interest rate analysis and as the economy dictates. Accounts of municipalities with large upcoming liquidity needs are reviewed daily. This helps ensure that you meet your mandates.
- Offer unbiased, independent advice. Because we are independent advisors, we can and do seize new investment opportunities from any and all companies when we feel the timing is appropriate for your goals, objectives, and tolerance for risk.
Our Strategies: Conservative Investments to Help You Reach Your Goals
Our full range of municipal investment experience allows us to find products and solutions that we believe can add growth with less associated risks.
Let us help you with:
- Long-term trust funds
- Community preservation funds
- Cemetery perpetual care funds
- Stabilization funds
- Other post-employed benefit funds (OPEB)
- Bond proceeds